Successful Family Business Boards
The Board as a Driver of Innovation
In a fast and interconnected world, where break-through technologies and demographic shifts have far reaching social and economic consequences, the role of the Board of Directors in family businesses is shifting to address these trends and their impact on the business.
The 5th annual “Successful Family Business Boards” session explored the role of the Board of Directors in addressing innovation, diversification, and risk to ensure sustainable growth of the family business.
- H.E. Dr. Aisha Bin Bishr, Director General, Smart Dubai Office
- Mr. Riad Bsaibes, President & CEO, Amana Investments LLC
- Ms. Parmis Nadali, Asst. Chairman, OK Group
- Best practices of strong Boards;
- How the Board stimulates innovation in view of the macro-trends;
- Risk management in a complex world;
- Stakeholder engagement.
The workshop was aimed at members of family businesses from across the MENA region who have an interest in exploring and analyzing the role of board of directors.