Navigating the Climate Crisis: Boardroom Responsibilities and Strategies for Resilience and Growth
This exclusive roundtable brought together family business leaders from Oman, UAE, KSA, Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan, with researchers and experts to understand the complexity of today’s world, climate change, and the risks, opportunities, and responsibilities for family enterprises.
Amidst the crescendo of global challenges, we disscussed the intricate web of interlinked crises characterizing our era. The discussion on “Global Polycrisis,” unraveled the unprecedented intersection of socio-political, environmental, and economic challenges. Participants got an overview over the acceleration of complexity, the multifaceted nature of these crises and their far-reaching implications.
We learned how climate policy can impact family businesses in their strategies around climate mitigation and action. Emphasizing the urgency, we discussed the dichotomy between prioritizing humanitarian needs and preserving fragile ecosystems in our regions.
During a panel discussion on family business boardrooms, our esteemed panelists from leading family businesses highlighted responsibilities and challenges amid the climate crisis. Participants will had the opportunity to engage on a conversation around how businesses can focus on resilient strategies whilst aligning growth objectives with sustainability.
Finally, we will explored opportunities within the emergent green economy and discovered ClimateTech as an investment frontier.
- The Global Polycrisis – The Acceleration of Complexity
- Climate Policy in the Region – What to expect
- Climate Change in Fragile Places – Choosing between Humanitarian and Environmental Action?
- Navigating the Climate Crisis: Boardroom Responsibilities and Strategies for Resilience and Growth
- Investing in the Future – ClimateTech and the Opportunities of the New Economy
- Anees Sultan, Director, W.J. Towell & Co.
- Anthony Boukather, Chief Executive Officer, A.N.Boukather Group
- Prof. Bernardo Bortolotti, Executive Director, Transition Investment Lab, NYUAD
- Clare Dalton, Head of Delegation – UAE, International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC
- Katie Morgan, Lead, Climate, MIT Solve