December 6, 2022
December 6, 2022
With climate change at the top of the world’s agenda, the Tharawat Family Business Forum is delighted to announce the virtual global launch of the “Climate Change and Family Business” report, developed in collaboration with AW Rostamani Group and our knowledge partner the Global Compact Network UAE.
The report addresses the realities of climate change and environmental challenges in the MENA and explores the role family-owned companies play in shaping a more sustainable future. Our vision is to initiate a long-term dialogue on environmental responsibilities and climate change as a business risk and opportunity for privately-owned companies.
The launch will convene a group of inspiring speakers to lead in the discussions on the insights from the report. We will have an open dialogue about climate action, adaptation and explore the transformation needed on the path forward to ensure a thriving future.
KEY DISCUSSION POINTS
- Exclusive insights from the report by contributors
- Case studies of family businesses fighting climate change
- Expert views on climate change as a risk and opportunity
- Next steps – A toolbox for family businesses
- Dr. Basma Al Zamil, GM, Group HR, Zamil Group, KSA
- Samar Ibrahim, Associate Director, EY Parthenon, MENA, UAE
- Prof. Alfredo De Massis, Professor of Entrepreneurship & Family Business, Free University of Bolzano, IMD Business School and LUMS, Italy
- Imad Alfadel, Founder and Managing Partner, ESG Integrate, UAE
- Farida El Agamy, General Manager, Tharawat Family Business Forum
About the Partnership
The vision of the collaboration is to develop a long-term dialogue on environmental responsibilities and climate change as a business risk for privately-owned companies. In collaboration with regional and international experts, the report addressess various aspects of the ecological challenges we face, understand the underlying factors and explore action points for the business community. It also explores some of the exceptional efforts made by family businesses to tackle their environmental footprint and reviews their business models to adapt to the new realities.
In Partnership with
More information at [email protected].