June 16, 2021
June 16, 2021
AddressOnline View map
Family Businesses Histories
Family Businesses in Historical Perspective: An Interdisciplinary Conversation
History is pervasive in family business settings, where values, beliefs, narratives, and artifacts of the founding family are handed down from generation to generation. The history of a family and its business, therefore, pervades family business goals, practices, and outcomes, creating a close link between the history of family businesses, their present traditions, and future aspirations. Family businesses can be burdened or empowered by their history. This talk will explore the significance and values of examining family capitalism from a historical perspective in conjunction with the upcoming special issue of the Family Business Review journal (FBR).
Participation upon invitation only.
- The evolution of family business research
- What we can learn from a historical analysis of family entrepreneurship/capitalism
- Insights to be gained on family business longevity
- Prof. Alfredo De Massis, Full Professor Entrepreneurship & Family Business, Free University of Bozen-Bolsano, IMD and Lancaster University
- Martin A. Klimke, Associate Professor of History. Vice Provost for Academic Policies & Governance, New York University Abu Dhabi
- Farida F. El Agamy, General Manager, Tharawat Family Business Forum
For questions please contact [email protected]
Get an insight into the worldwide unique research program between the New York University Abu Dhabi and Tharawat Family Business Forum. Read more about this unique project here!
In Partnership with NYU Abu Dhabi