December 4, 2023 - 9:30 am
December 4, 2023 - 12:30 pm
AddressDubai View map
This exclusive roundtable will bring together family business members from across the region, researchers, and experts to understand the complexity of today’s world, climate change, and the risks, opportunities, and responsibilities for family enterprises.
Amidst the crescendo of global challenges, we will dissect the intricate web of interlinked crises characterizing our era. The discussion on “Global Polycrisis,” will unravel the unprecedented intersection of socio-political, environmental, and economic challenges. Participants will get an overview over the acceleration of complexity, the multifaceted nature of these crises and their far-reaching implications.
We will shift to the topic of regional climates, we will learn how climate policy can impact family businesses in their strategies around climate mitigation and action. Emphasizing the urgency, we will discuss the dichotomy between prioritizing humanitarian needs and preserving fragile ecosystems in our regions.
During a panel discussion on family business boardrooms, our esteemed panelists from leading family businesses will highlight responsibilities and challenges amid the climate crisis. Participants will have the opportunity to engage on a conversation around how businesses can focus on resilient strategies whilst aligning growth objectives with sustainability.
Finally, we will explore opportunities within the emergent green economy and discover ClimateTech as an investment frontier.
Join us also in our panel session at COP28 in the evening!
- The Global Polycrisis – The Acceleration of Complexity
- Climate Policy in the Region – What to expect
- Climate Change in Fragile Places – Choosing between Humanitarian and Environmental Action?
- Navigating the Climate Crisis: Boardroom Responsibilities and Strategies for Resilience and Growth
- Investing in the Future – ClimateTech and the Opportunities of the New Economy
- Anees Sultan, Director, W.J. Towell & Co.
- Anthony Boukather, Chief Executive Officer, A.N.Boukather Group
- Prof. Bernardo Bortolotti, Executive Director, Transition Investment Lab, NYUAD
- Jamila El Mir, Senior Advisor, UN Climate Change High-Level Champion, COP28 Presidency
- Clare Dalton, Head of Delegation – UAE, International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC
- Katie Morgan, Lead, Climate, MIT Solve
This session is for family business members, only.