May 25, 2023
May 25, 2023
AddressOnline View map
Family Businesses Histories
Exploring the Family Business Histories Spotlight Series: Stories from MENASA family businesses
The Family Business Histories Project proudly launched the Spotlights Series – a collection of 60 case studies, each documenting the history of a regional family business. https://www.familybusinesshistories.org/spotlights/
As a first-of-its-kind endeavor in the MENASA region, this series is a growing collection of brief case studies, or profiles, which aim to shine a light on the unwritten stories of regional family businesses. The profiles are available through the project’s web portal, where the histories of family businesses from various countries and industries are explored. Each profile provides insights into the founders’ background, the business founding story, and key milestones of the entrepreneurial journey over time.
Join this session as part of the FBH webinar series, and learn about the vision behind the Spotlight Series, the research involved and the unique histories of the region’s leading family enterprises. Together with our guest speakers we will discuss the impact and relevance of the Spotlight Series for the academic and business communities.
Participation upon invitation only.
KEY DISCUSSION POINTS
- Explore the Spotlight Series
- Hear expert insights on the significance of family businesses and the importance of documented corporate history
- Learn about the approach and methodology from the research team behind FBH
- Discuss the evolution of family businesses over the past century and the external and internal challenges they had to overcome
- Rania Labaki, Associate Professor of Finance and Family Business at EDHEC Business School, Director of EDHEC Family Business Research Centre, and Family Business Fellow at the Family Firm Institute and Cornell University
- Mai El-Kinawi, Communications Strategist, Founder of True North Consulting FZ-LLC
MODERATORS AND PROJECT TEAM
- Martin A. Klimke, Associate Professor of History. Vice Provost, New York University Abu Dhabi
- Farida F. El Agamy, General Manager, Tharawat Family Business Forum
- Israa Mahgoub, Research Associate, New York University Abu Dhabi
- Shereen El Agamy, Manager, Innovation & Strategy, Tharawat Family Business Forum
For questions please contact [email protected]
Get an insight into the worldwide unique research program between the New York University Abu Dhabi and Tharawat Family Business Forum. Read more about this unique project here!
In Partnership with NYU Abu Dhabi