June 21, 2022
June 21, 2022
AddressOnline View map
Family Businesses Histories
Tradition and Innovation – How a 100-year-old business legacy inspires entrepreneurship
Founded in Bahrain in 1914, A. S. Al Bassam & Sons is one of Saudi Arabia’s oldest and most renowned family companies. In our next FBH webinar, we will welcome fourth-generation family business member Abdulrahman Al Bassam to learn about his family business history and discuss his own role in following a rich legacy. We will also explore how Abdulrahman has adopted entrepreneurship as a key heritage and manages to build on to the past whilst allowing for exponential innovation and change to prepare for the future.
The interactive session will allow our participants to actively engage in a conversation around family legacies and entrepreneurship.
Participation upon invitation only.
- Tracing the history of a 100-year-old Saudi family business
- How do emerging leaders deal with a rich tradition and legacy?
- Exploring the experiences of being of a family business (AlBassam & Sons), founding a family business (AWN Enterprises), and incorporating an alliance of family businesses (Tilal Real Estate)
- Abdulrahman AlBassam, Executive Chairman, AWN Enterprises and CEO, Tilal Real Estates
- Martin A. Klimke, Associate Professor of History. Vice Provost for Academic Policies & Governance, New York University Abu Dhabi
- Farida F. El Agamy, General Manager, Tharawat Family Business Forum
For questions please contact [email protected]
Get an insight into the worldwide unique research program between the New York University Abu Dhabi and Tharawat Family Business Forum. Read more about this unique project here!
In Partnership with NYU Abu Dhabi