Family Business Histories
Capturing Entrepreneurial Heritage
As part of Tharawat’s collaboration with our research partner New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) we were delighted to announce our first joint event around family business history and legacy.
The program included an interactive workshop, offered practical insights for family businesses on how to document, store and preserve their history for the generations to come, as well as a first panel discussion on our research project “Family Business Histories”.
- Mr. Nasser Ahmad Alserkal, Board Member, Alserkal Group , UAE
- Mrs. Nour Abou Adal, Manager, Family Office, Holdal Group, Lebanon
- Mr. Brad Bauer, Associate Librarian for Archives and Special Collections, NYUAD
- Mrs. Beth Russel, Center for Digital Scholarship, NYUAD
- Why we need to preserve Legacy”
- What is an Archive and Why is it Important?
- Visit of the Special Collections and Centre for Digital Scholarship
- Capturing Oral History / Case Studies
- Introduction to the Research Project
- Panel Discussion – Capturing Family Business Heritage
The morning session was exclusively for members of family businesses who have an interest in learning about family history documentation. This afternoon session included invited guests.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Get a first insight into the worldwide unique research program between the New York University Abu Dhabi and Tharawat Family Business Forum. Read more about this unique project here!
In Partnership with NYU Abu Dhabi