Diversification through Strategic Investment
How Family Businesses and Family Offices drive growth
In this exclusive setting sustainable ownership and new trends in investment strategies and family offices were explored.
Today, many family businesses are looking to diversify their operating portfolios vertically or horizontally, to invest in new technologies that could potentially disrupt their core industries, or to invest across geographies/industries for wealth preservation, growth or risk mitigation.
In this session, experts from family businesses and single family offices shared thoughts on the current investment landscape in the region, on how companies have successfully diversified from their core business through strategic investments and on the future of family investment.
- Wees Abraham, VP of Operations & Family Office Venture Capital GP (Elēkrŏn Ventures), Shade Corporation Ltd.
- Adil Al Zarooni, CEO, Al Zarooni Investments
- Nour Abou Adal, Member of the Investment Committee, Holdal Group
- Feras Jalbout, MD, Aurora Partners
- Bilal Zein, COO, Quanon Capital
The following key points were discussed:
- Discuss how family businesses across the region use investments to diversify their portfolios
- Explore the strategies of successful Single Family Offices and family-owned investment offices
- Examine how investment strategies can be part of succession planning
- Discover upcoming industries and markets
The session was attended by Tharawat Members and members of family businesses from across the MENA region.