Successful Family Business Boards
Business Under Pressure – The Role of the Board in Times of Volatility
In times when companies are experiencing the effects of internal or external volatility and uncertainty, the attention is often turned to the Board of Directors. Be it as emergency leadership body, solution provider, or strategic guide, the role of the Board in times of pressure cannot be underestimated.
With renowned family business owners, board members, and experts this session seeked to understand the importance of the Board in such moments, its overall role in emergency situations, and what it takes to create an institution that responds in times of need.
- Mr. Iyad Malas, Partner at Gateway Partners, UAE Former CEO at Majid Al Futtaim
- Eng. Abdalla Obeikan, CEO of Obeikan Investment Group, KSA
- Mr. Tamer Said Ali, Deputy Chief Internal Auditor Responsible for Risk Management team, Obeikan Investment Group, KSA ￼￼
- Ms. Patricia Ghany, CFO at Esau Oilfield Supplies Co. Ltd., Trinidad&Tobago
- The Board in Times of Volatility Overview of global challenges
- Board Leadership in Challenging Times – Dos and Don’ts
- The Role of the Family Business Board overcoming Business Challenges
- Risk Management as a Key Tool for Success
The session was aimed at members of family businesses from across the MENA region who have an interest in exploring and analyzing the role of board of directors.